Hello all!!! Today i have had the separators placed between my molars ready for my braces to go on Thursday. I have a very big feeling of de ja vu with all the metal rings and such the second time round :)
I have been given my quote by the maxillofacial surgeon and now im going through the process of getting my insurances to cover me. I think this may take a while. How has everyone else gone with their insurance companies? Medicare can cover me due to the misaligned bite but my private health is much more restrictive with what money they give out! Grrrrrrrr.
But overall im feeling quite apprehensive about this new journey and exicted but nervous. Bit of a mix really. But i must say, having these blogs with people who have gone through the same procedures is such a massive help.
Ok so i have attached my preliminary photos so you can get an idea of my bite. As you can see, i have an underbite with a cross bite at the back. My bite will get progressively worse over the coming few months and ill document this as much as possible.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Hopefully the braces aren't bothering you too much!

There are many bloggers online that have had major insurance problems. I'm in the middle of HUGE problems with mine. If you need help with writing letters or examples of an appeal process, there is lots of help out here!

:) Good luck

Rita said...

My insurance denied my claim the first and second time around. My surgeon and orthodontist sent letters and ex-rays to the insurance company and they took it to a review board. It was approved at that point. It took about 2 months to get the approval. Then when I got the approval, they put a time limit on the surgery so everything was rushed up to be in their guidelines. I am glad it worked out because I am very glad it is over. It has been a hard road for me, but I am doing better. I will be here with ya every step of the way. Bless ya!!! : )

Nas said...

I live in Victoria and have just started with the treatment. 2 months in. How much will medicare cover and did you go on some sort of extras plan on your private healthcare?

Lisa said...

Hi Nas. Medicare will cover ~3,000 and my private health will be covering all the rest from what i gather. My out of pocket expense will be ~$6,000 but from what i hear from other people, thats really really good. How much coverage are you getting??? Sometimes you have to fight insurance companies to get cover as many of the item numbers for the surgery are deemed cosmetic even though it medical

Post a Comment